The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Certain Exhausted Majesty

The estimable Scruggs, over where the flying saucers get their waffles, has written a brief but very generous review of my novella The Little Doctor, the longest of the three stories collected in Radical Therapies. I'm particularly pleased that he finds "a comparison to other authors is difficult", since I doubt I would be flattered at being esteemed The New Whoever; and that my narrative technique "suggests and elides more than it defines, which is a nice touch", rather than a product of laziness and ignorance, as it occasionally appears from where I am sitting.

The rest of you animals could learn a lot from Scruggs. He is squared away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home