The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged by the Flying Rodent for eight random autobiographical facts. If they bore you, blame him.

1. I have studied five foreign languages, including a dead one, and I can't speak any of them.

2. Robert Aickman died on my twelfth birthday, though neither of us knew it at the time. Bill Hicks died on my twenty-fifth birthday, though neither of us knew that at the time, either.

3. I think that Marnie is a better film than Vertigo, by far. So is Brian De Palma's remake, Obsession.

4. My favourite Arabian Nights story is that of Prince Ahmed and the Fairy Perie Banou, a preference I share with Ernst Jünger of all people.

5. I have never learned to drive.

6. I know by heart the dates of the reigns of all the kings and queens of England from Edward the Confessor onwards. I learned them off a wall chart from a breakfast cereal company, presumably in Elizabeth II's Silver Jubilee year. As a party piece, it leaves a good deal to be desired.

7. Whoever has a birthday on the day I die, I wish them a truly rotten time of it.

8. I am dextrocardiac, but I don't know whether or not I have complete situs inversus.

Passing on the pestilence: Ed, Fat Sparrow, Kebz, Ion, Michael Greenwell, Ball Bag and Foot Eater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home