The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Sunday, March 09, 2014

A Birthday

Ten years ago this day, doubtless for the least charitable of reasons, I started a weblog. The first entry was a story written some time previously; and at fairly long intervals for the next three months I continued to post bits and pieces of short fiction whose composition dated from years before the blogosphere was even a glimmer in a geek's eye. Presumably this assuaged my lust for publication, even if it didn't necessarily gain me a readership.

An ill-mannered intervention by real life caused me to stop for a while; and it was not until October that I posted the first entry written specifically for the internet, thereby becoming an Actual Blogger, rather than merely a Person With A Blog. I have kept on posting through changes, updates, ISP flame-outs and the whims of British Telecom, for going on 3,400 entries; and here, it appears, we are.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:44 pm , Anonymous The Judge said...

    Congratulations, sir. Go on improving of us.

     
  • At 7:53 pm , Anonymous Dave. said...

    Hear hear. Your posts are one of the highlights of my daily blog-readings. Love the cynicism and sarcasm, a man after my own heart. Long may you continue.

    Dave.

     
  • At 1:38 am , Blogger Philip said...

    Thank you, gents.

     
  • At 7:39 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Happy Birthday. At least there's no chance of you running out of material; the world gets more surreal every day.

     
  • At 9:00 pm , Blogger Philip said...

    Yes, indeed. I may die of starvation or bilious detonation syndrome, or from the NHS being so Free At the Point of Useā„¢ as to be unaffordable; but I'm fairly unlikely to die of writer's block. Comforting, that.

     
  • At 11:05 pm , Anonymous Madame X said...

    Congratulations on your persistence and your wordsmithing. Turns out we did stay for the mudgeonry after all.

     
  • At 11:49 pm , Blogger Philip said...

    Thanks, Madame. Your own persistence is fairly impressive; if I remember right, you've been coming here almost as long as I have.

     
  • At 9:27 pm , Anonymous polar said...

    happy happy birthday, Philip, long live the curmudgeonly written word ..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home