The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Monday, December 28, 2015

A Rich Repast

Substantial, and a citizen of worth,
Your porphyry of countenance leaves not
A doubt you are; and this plush box you've got!
You will, I'm sure, not mind my lowly berth.
We all are citizens of this black earth,
Some on it and some in it, by their lot:
All flesh joined unto flesh, that jolly rot
Which keeps the tribe in groceries and mirth.

I'm starved for company that's meet to dine;
From now on we'll be close, there is no question
(Permit me, sir, to proffer forth my muzzle) -
Your guts, though much more delicate than mine,
Need fear no pain of gas or indigestion
As I commence, respectfully, to guzzle.

P Upton Richards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home